RL.6.1: Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
RI.6.2 Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments
6.RP.4 Understand ratio concepts and use reasoning to solve.
- Understanding and finding a percent of a quantity as a ratio per 100.
- Using equivalent (equal) ratios, such as benchmark percents, to determine a part of any given total.
- Finding the whole given the part and the percent.
Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, surface area, and volume.
6.L.2.3 Summarize how the abiotic factors (such as temperature, water, sunlight, and soil quality) of biomes (freshwater, marine, forest, grasslands, desert, Tundra) affect the ability of organisms to grow and survive and/or create their own food through photosynthesis.
*Specifically to the biome of the chicken house: the ability of an organism to withstand fluctuations in biotic and abiotic environmental factors. The limits of an organism’s tolerance are reached when the organism receives too much or too little of some environmental factors. Organisms become fewer as conditions move toward either extreme of the range of tolerance (too much or too little).
*The effects of cold/heat, humidity, water, feed, crowding conditions, air flow…
Informative/explanatory writing communicates information.
Prompt Describe how which of the Five Freedoms you saw and how you know they were being put into daily practice.
Writing Prompt Standard
The Five Freedoms are:
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst
- Freedom from Discomfort
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease
- Freedom to Express Normal Behavior
- Freedom from Fear and Distress.